Monday, December 12, 2011

Bure on stilts in water - accommodation.

Odd question but does anyone know of any accommodation like this in or around Phuket i.e. the islands - Ko Phi Phi, Phangan, Samui etc.





Bure on stilts in water - accommodation.


What%26#39;s a bure?





There is a whole village on stilts, that has some bungalows. Looks like they are made from Bamboo, I have only seen them from the yacht. At Kho Panyi (Panyi Island). This is a traditional muslim fishing village, but has become very developed for tourism in recent years. Definately not a party place, I doubt if there is much in the way of alcohol, but might be interesting just the same.





I think the name is Panyi Bungalows or something similar. Perhaps a website, but I wouldn%26#39;t count on it.





This place is also called a floating village, or sea gipsy village, but it is neither. Close to James Bond Island (Kho Ping Kan) in Phang Nga Bay.





If you stay there I would be very interested in hearing what it is like. We sometimes do tours up there and if it is good I would like to recommend it.





Good luck,



Mark.



Bure on stilts in water - accommodation.


If you mean resorts with water bungalows, like there are in Maldives or South Seas for instance, surprisingly there aren%26#39;t any in Thailand. Nearest is Pangor Laut in Malaysia.




Thanks for the input everyone.





Good to know people are alive out there.....




I have heard of a resort like that. I don%26#39;t know whether the below link is it, I can find out for you. It came highly recommended from two lots of friends that stayed there.





travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/鈥?58





I will get back to you when I know more.




cool thanks for that athena.




OK, it%26#39;s in Khao Sok National Park. It is right by the river and there is a lake nearby. Apparently there are quite a few signs along Route 4, so it%26#39;s easy to find. They are tree top huts.





The accommodation is basic, but comfortable. There are no televisions or airconditioning (who%26#39;d want a tv there, anyway, right?).





I think this link will take you in the right direction.



http://community.iexplore.com/planning/journalEntryAccommodation.asp?journalID=47099%26amp;entryID=19481%26amp;n=Jungle+Huts

No comments:

Post a Comment