Monday, December 12, 2011

Do I need vaccanations

Hi All.

Im travelling next weekend to see my best mate.

I will only be looking to go to Bankok and then down to Koh Tao in the South East.

Do i really need all the Jabs which will set me back 拢120 or not.

What are peoples thoughts.

I spoke to the health clinic in Moorgate and they said I need them but didnt ask where I was going or anything like that.

Jon

Do I need vaccanations

Hi Jon,

you don%26#39;t necessarily need it but it%26#39;s much better to have it. It may save lot of terrible health problems. I have following vaccinations

enteric fever

hepatitis A

heptitis B

Consider the first two of them. Hepatitis A (jaundice) is a ';dirty hand'; desease so you can catch it very easily (not just in Thailand but almost everywhere in the world) so it%26#39;s well worth to pay for the vaccination. Enteric fever is caused mostly by bad food. Unfortunately, if you leave in a week, I%26#39;m not sure if you have enough time to get the hepatitis vaccination, ask your health clinic.

Which vaccinations did they recommend to you?

Do I need vaccanations

They told me to get Hep A %26amp; Typhoid = 拢80 and they also told me to get Tetanus, diphtheria and polio = 拢40

What you reckon?

I have been told that the places I am going to I wont need them.

I just dont no what to do!

Especially as im going next weekend!


Regarding diphtheria and polio I%26#39;m not sure. My doctor didn%26#39;t even mentioned it but the reason may be that I have already got them when I was a child. Many vaccinations are compulsory in my country and when I was small, children got them for free. So I%26#39;m not sure with those two.

typhoid, hepatitis and tetanus - I would definitely have it, I know it%26#39;s big money but nothing is worse than holiday spoiled by this - and in case of hepatitis, it%26#39;s not just the holiday, it may last long to recover. It%26#39;s good to have those vaccinations not just for trip to Thailand but anywhere.

On the other hand, you leave in one week, so I think it may be too late for some of those vaccinations. Did you tell your doctor when you leave? Another thing is that I%26#39;m not sure if it%26#39;s good to get all of them at once. Also some of them could cause uneasiness so your doctor should consider if it%26#39;s good for you to get it just a few days before you leave. Try to discuss this again with your doctor, search the web for some more information

  • natural remedies for pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment