Monday, December 12, 2011

Top up Cards

I have managed to get a True Thai pay as you go sim card for use when in Thailand. I understand that I just put this in my phone and once in Thailand I received my number. Can anyone advise if there is anywhere near the Anantara to purchase a top up card? Also, can anyone confirm what the prefix for cheap UK calls is - is it 007 or 008 (Or something else)?



Thank you!!



Top up Cards


Sim cards can be bought here from about 99 Baht, so if your existing one has problems just buy another.



There are phone shops in every shopping mall, and top up cards can be bought most commonly in 7/11 stores which are on virtually every street corner.



Standard calls to the UK; 00744, Cheaper are 00844 and 00944.



I haven%26#39;t looked recently cos I tend to use cheap internet phones these days, but I seem to recall 009 is better quality than 008, while 007 is the most expensive.



If you want to use an internet phone just go to any internet shop.



There are also other %26#39;cheap%26#39; numbers to use through various companies here.



UK phones and Thai phones are OK, some USA phones don%26#39;t work here.



Top up Cards


I%26#39;ll bsecond Andy%26#39;s comments, put 009 before the 44 and the Bahts go a long way. We%26#39;ve both phoned back to the UK a couple of times last week and it hardly dented our PAYGO credit.




Excellent news - thanks for your replies




Advice above is spot on. I%26#39;m probably stating the obvious but do make sure that your phone can accept different networks, ie is unlocked. Some manufacturers lock handsets to prevent them being used outside their original market.





sonny.




Thanks Sonny - I managed to get my old one unlocked by the service provider as I recently upgraded on a further contract so it looks like I am ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment