Friday, April 2, 2010

Ko Phangan or Ko Tao?

Hi folks,





I%26#39;m planning a holiday to Thailand mid-December with some time in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and then the South.





I%26#39;ve worked out there%26#39;s a handy connection from Chiang Mai straight to Koh Samui which obviously gives me the choice between Samui, Koh Tao and Koh Phangan.





I%26#39;ve ruled out Samui on the basis of it being overdeveloped and similar to the Spanish costa%26#39;s going by some reports?





That leaves us with Koh Phangan or Koh Tao. We%26#39;re basically looking for a relaxing time after the hustle and bustle of BKK and Chiang Mai...few hours on the beach, some fresh seafood, couple of beers, more beach time, etc Plush, stylish accommodation would be necessary as would a first-class beach. Not too fussed about the nightlife or being surrounded by people from back home.





So which island would you recommend? I%26#39;d be interested to hear from anyone who%26#39;s visited both or either one...or is there another piece of Thailand I need to visit to get the above R%26amp;R ?





Thanks in advance



CK



Ko Phangan or Ko Tao?


A couple things you should consider:





- It%26#39;s mansoon season for that side of Thai islands during December. You may want to consider Krabi instead. I think you will find what you are looking for there or at Koh Chang.





- There are two full moon parties on Ko Phan Gnan in December. That means if you%26#39;re there a few days before and after eitehr one, there will be a lot of young partying crowd around.





- Ko Tao is big on scuba diving, so a lot of places cater to people that dive there.



Ko Phangan or Ko Tao?


Thanks for your message Blink. I was hoping the monsoon season was just about over by that time and I would benefit from slightly cheaper rates and quieter beaches? Bit of a gamble I suppose....

No comments:

Post a Comment