Sunday, March 28, 2010

Advise for three days in phuket?

Travelling to Phuket for our daughter%26#39;s wedding my husband and I will have just three full days to do other things. Arriving (late) on Saturday 10/11/07. Sunday written off as I%26#39;m anticipating travel fatigue/migraine. So, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday are free. (Wedding on Wednesday at Merlin Beach Resort, flight back to UK at 07.25 on Friday.)





Can anyone advise how to book %26#39;Hong by starlight%26#39; tour? Also advice please on the %26#39;must do%26#39; things? Not into sitting on a beach; husband adores adventures.



Advise for three days in phuket?


Hi try Captain Mark at phuket sail tours .com



Advise for three days in phuket?


If hubby enjoys adventure he would love the ATV tours, heres the link to my report on the Phang Nga 3hr tour and all the photos



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k133…





Photos:



…google.com/CathyandGary/ATVPhangNga3hrTour





We did the 2hr one last year, heres the info on that one.



cathyandgarystravelpages.com/atv_tours.htm





Link for Hongs by starlight tours



johngray-seacanoe.com/thailand/hong-by-starl…





One of the best days out is with Captain Marks Sailing Tours, here is the link to his website as well.



http://www.phuketsailtours.com/





Hope this helps



Cathy




hi my husband %26amp; I just came from phuket last jul24-29. It seems like ur husband is more like mine LOL. Anyway Merlin has a standby tour guide near the front office so you can ask her about tours that will take 3 hours or less. the elephant tour takes around 3 hours. I suggest u take the 30min elephant ride cuz more than that can be boring. In the evenings you can go to The Port (5min walk frm merlin) to watch bands. And maybe Bang La Road (15min walk from merlin)for some nightlife, bars %26amp; entertainmnt. Good luck to you %26amp; I hope amidst the hectic wedding preparations that u still have a great vacation.




Hi TiggyAnn



';PLAYER HATING IS WELL AND ALIVE TOO';





Nonetheless, I would check out the advise from Cathy. Im sure if you read many JBR%26#39;s you will find that lots of people get some great suggestions from Cathy. I leave in a couple of days myself and plan on doing a few of her suggestions as well. Anyway, have a great time and congrats to your daughter.




poem for all:





I start my day “Knowing” prosperity is not insight



I’m up all day wondering , why I’m so restless at night





It came to me one day while I was contemplating



Prosperity will “Never” come as long as I’m “PLAYER HATING”





They say , God don’t like ugly and is not to fond of cute



So I’ll stop envying others and do what I have to do




Hi diddle dee dee



A sailor%26#39;s life for me.





A yellow boat



that usually floats



lots of beer to give us cheer.





Hi diddle dee dee,



a sailor%26#39;s life for me.




Thanks Cathy, the ATV tour looks great ; the pics show it%26#39;s just my husband%26#39;s kind of thing. There seem to be a few companies that do this kind of tour, which one did you book with? Also love the idea of Hongs by Starlight.





mtkho: Thanks for info; although daughter%26#39;s wedding is at Merlin Beach Resort we%26#39;re actually staying at Pacific Club on Karon Beach - don%26#39;t want to cramp their style!




I just got back from Phuket a month ago (we were there for five days), and we fit in three fun tours: elephant trekking with Siam Safari, kayaking with the Andaman Sea Kayak Company, and a two hour ATV ride with Phuket ATV Tour Company. All three were great, so it just depends on what you%26#39;re up for. Good luck, and have a great trip!




Tiggy, We went through ATV Phuket for both tours, heres the link to their website. Richard made the bookings for us.



http://atvphuket.com/



Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment