Sunday, March 28, 2010

Prepaid Mobile Cards on Locked 3 Network?

Hi there and thank you so much for all your help on this forum. i have had so many questions answered and recieved info from searches it has been great. I hope I can help others when I return!





I am wondering...I have my mobile I wish to take over - I%26#39;m with 3 (locked to a plan). My question is can I purchase a prepaid sim card in Bangkok and put the new sim card in and it will work?



I have been told to get a prepaid cause its LOADS cheaper for calls.



Thank you in advance :)



Prepaid Mobile Cards on Locked 3 Network?


If you%26#39;re locked to a plan no other sim card will work. You may be able to get your provider to unlock your phone then you%26#39;ll be able to use a local sim card.



Prepaid Mobile Cards on Locked 3 Network?


Please keep this thread going - I too am on 3 network and would like to purchase a thai sim card - I have read that some sellers can unlock your phone for you - although I think that when I got my phone the fine print said that it could not be unlocked from the three network - maybe there is a cheat around this.





thanks





lisa b




Hi Lisa,



Just borrow an unlocked spare phone from a friend - then buy a local thai sim card - we used a ';happy'; sim card, and it%26#39;s so cheap. If you want to know how to use it, pop into my info, and look in my posts, and you will find the directions on how to use it. The Phuket forum has lots of info on the sim card use.



Cheers,



Sandy




Agree with the above!!





I%26#39;m on three mobile too and locked in. Most 3 phones are locked to 3 and most can not be unlocked.



I have an LG phone through 3 and its useless if I ever leave 3 (which I will be doing when my contract is up).





So just borrow or buy a cheap phone, you can get them at dicksmiths, coles, woolies for around $70.00 then when you get there get a cheap sim. I think I%26#39;ve seen a sim card call happys talked about on here.



Please correct me someone if I have that wrong. :o)





Lorree




Go to MBK - there is a floor with loads of mobiles. I bought a new basic Motorola for $50USD. I use 1-2 Call and it works great all over Thailand.




If you are using anything other than a Nokia then the chances are you will be locked in to your sp.





Just buy a cheap mobile when you get there. There are many available in MBK pop in a 1 2 call or other SIM and away you go.





There are also many second hand mobiles available in MBK





Enjoy your trip.




Thanks heaps for your advice. Rung 3..my phone is locked forever, even after my contract! I have scouted around friends and it looks like I%26#39;ll have to buy one.



Thanks for all your advise on where to buy them. I%26#39;m trying to get the gist of the city and where everything is!



XX

No comments:

Post a Comment