Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Old Phuket...

I am going to be in Phuket from Aug 28th to Sept 9th. I am staying at The Old Phuket, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this hotel. I am also curious about the weather. I know I am going at one of the wettest times of the year, but was hoping it wouldn%26#39;t be that bad. If anyone has any last minute travel tips for me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you :-)



The Old Phuket...


I stayed there in August 07 for 6 nights. I didn%26#39;t like it and you can read about my experience here tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293920-d455鈥?/a> Having said that, there is nothing actually wrong with the hotel facilities, just the hotel policies towards its customers. On the plus side, the hotel is nicely situated between two shopping areas and it was a pretty easy to walk to Kata as well. We also walked to Patong one day, but I wouldn%26#39;t recommend it as you have to walk on the road a lot of the time, so it didn%26#39;t seem quite safe. As for Karon beach, I am afraid it was quite disappointing with lots of rubbish washed up on the sand. If you can change your hotel, I would but if you can%26#39;t, don%26#39;t worry. Just accept the petty hotel policies as one of those things like mosquitoes and ants at a picnic....

No comments:

Post a Comment