Friday, March 26, 2010

Which serviced apartment is best?

Hello everyone,





I have a hard time choosing one of the following 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartments:





- PK Mansion



- Greenery House



- Maple House



- Lee Place



- PT.House





They all seem to have a kitchen, a balcony, a swimming pool, a fitness room, internet access and more or less the same rates (apart from PK Mansion, which is cheapest).





I haven%26#39;t been able to find out exactly how far they are from supermarkets and BTS stations, so that%26#39;ll play a big role. I also have no idea how safe and popular their areas are.





There is also Sathorn Villa, but I have too little information about it.





So my question would be: Do you have any experience with those residences or could you tell me which of them seem to be most convenient? I will provide their addresses and other information if necessary.





Thanks a lot in advance!



Which serviced apartment is best?


Asaya





Ok here%26#39;s the lowdown. i can only comment on location and access to MRT/BTS and supermarkets.





Forget Lee Place and PT house. too out of the way and no access to MRT/BTS.





Maple house - 10/15 minute walk to chongnongsi BTS. supermarkets available are Makro and VillaMarkets (10/15 min walk). also gives you access to Silom road.





PK Mansion and Greenery house are located in Lad Phrao area. you have access to lad phrao station MRT and Central/tops supermarkets close by. this is not a tourist area, residential and business.







bkk3



Which serviced apartment is best?


I would not chose any one of them which you have suggested as they are all quite out of the main tourist areas. I%26#39;d go for some within Ratschaprasong Area or on Sukhumvit. What is your budget?




Thank you very much for your responses so far.





I would love to stay somewhere more central, but the rates for the aforementioned apartments do not exceed 27,000THB/month for 2 bedrooms and I can%26#39;t go too much higher than that. Since we also need 2 bathrooms, a balcony, a kitchen, a swimming pool and internet access, there isn%26#39;t so much choice left...





I have crossed out PT.House and Lee House, now there%26#39;s 3 left. PK Mansion seems cheapest, Maple House seems to have the best units and Greenery House seems to have the most convenient location (though their units are a bit too big and the amount of deposit is very high).





Some further advice or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I haven%26#39;t managed to find any reviews, sadly.




Asaya





If i had to choose for convenience to BTS and supermarkets then Maple house it would be. As i said earlier it is about a 10 minute walk to BTS station at ChongNongSi. this gives you access to major malls at Siam, Silom and Sukhumvit. The 2 closest supermarkets are VillaMarkets (10 minutes, next to Chongnonsi station in the Trinity complex) and Tops supermarket on Silom road loacted in Central Silom department store. There is a Makro (bulk buying supermarket) close by on Naratiwat road.



In terms of cultural tourist activities. there is no central area for this. a lot are spread thruout bangkok, but are accessible either by ferry, BTS/MRT and/or taxi/bus.



i%26#39;ve been living in BKK for a total of 9 years, this is my third posting. out of your 3 options i would choose maple house. however i can%26#39;t comment on the standard of accommodation and/or service of this place.









bkk3




Thank you again, bkk3. As I said, my budget is not high and we are traveling with an elderly woman, so I want to spare her as much walking as possible while avoiding daily taxi drives.





I%26#39;ve been told Maple House is ca. 900 m from the main road and there is a morning shuttle that brings us to the main road or even BTS.





Is there anyone who has actually lived in one of the aforementioned residences, or could you perhaps recommend a similar apartment within the budget? I would just like to hear about all possible alternatives before I make my reservation - I only have one month left before the flight.




Asaya





27,000B per month within 1 km of BTS is a good deal. the bottom line is if you want an apartment closer to the BTS e.g. 200m then the price goes up because the land and construction costs are higher.





if the maple house offers a shuttle then that is good. don%26#39;t be too negative about the taxis. most will run you to/from maple house to Chongnongsi BTS, cost about 40B per trip even for a short trip of 900m. i%26#39;ve done it plenty of short trips here.





unfortunateluy in BKK you have to sacrifice one thing to get the advantage of another. in this case the price is good but it%26#39;s a bit of a walk for your elderly friend.







bkk3




Hello :



I would like tosay apartments within 30,000baht range



per month is an excellent choice in Bangkok and close to



BTS station. and for expat with 100,000+ baht budget still



a bargain . Just think an apartment service will run you



2,000usd . in Southern California and it is a bare one close



to the beach area will cost you more 3,000 usd. monthly.



Now , We talk about high cost of living and every body thinks



Bangkok is expensive.




Thank you for the additional comments.





Regardless of the fact that there are many people who can afford a $2000 apartment, my budget is small. I%26#39;m also coming to Bangkok for personal reasons, and the plane tickets themselves are already each as expensive as the monthly rental. Plus, I%26#39;m expecting a very high electricity bill.





The only reason I am still hesitating about Maple House is the lack of reviews. For all I know, I could be coming to a run-down place that isn%26#39;t anything like the photos on the website. I have heard of man falling off the roof 3 years ago, that was pretty much the only comment I have found about the place. A bit unsettling if you ask me.





PK Mansion seems to have very low rates at 19,000/month, but they take a long time to respond and I have no idea how convenient the location is. And again, no reviews.





I greatly appreciate your help, though, and if all fails, I%26#39;ll just try my luck. :)




Hello :



I agree that a $2,000usd .apartment in BKK is quite expensive.



The true is Not many people willing to sink that kind of monies



for a long term rent in Bangkok. 20000baht is a good enough



place to live in this city .Good luck with your finding




Let me just add one possibility. Make a reservation for a couple fo nights at a hotel that is in your budget and then when you arrive here in Bangkok go and look at the the various apartments you are considering. You will see what you are getting and face to face you might even get a cheaper price.. This is low season in Thailand and there is no reason or need to pay or book beofre you arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment