Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Taxi to Jomtien Beach

So how much can I expect to pay for a taxi from the bus stop(Bus from Bangkok) to Rabbit Resort in Jomtien without ';being taken for a ride'; so to say.



I have read the blog about the baht bus and it sounds like too many buses involved to get there so perhaps a quick! taxi ride may be the way to go.



Thanks



WENDY



Taxi to Jomtien Beach


You will have to walk few steps outside of the bus station on to the main road where number of taxis will be waiting. A ride to Jomtein will be about Bhat160 to the intersection of Dongtan and Jomtien roads. The ride will take about 20mins.



Taxi to Jomtien Beach


The taxis in and around the bus station forget it, these guy%26#39;s are a rip off they will want 250 -300 to jomtien, you need to flag a passing baht bus with no passengers to get nearer to 160, do Rabbit Resort offer free pick up? worth sending a mail.




Thanks.



Rabbit Resort does not do pick up. I have already been in contact with them and everyone going there apparently does the limo trip from Bangkok therefor getting dropped off at the door . At leasat I now know how much to expect to pay without being ripped off.



Thanks



Wendy




Why not just get a taxi from the airport? (Is that where you%26#39;re coming from?) - about 1300 baht door to door and no hassles with luggage. You%26#39;ll save up to an hour in travel time too.




Thanks but I am actually spending the night in Bangkok before travelling to Pattaya the next morning. Th taxi fare for 1300 compared to approx 100 bht is a lot so figured that I would save a bit of money to spend elsewhere and see a bit of countryside along the way.



Wendy




I see.



I%26#39;m never a great fan of staying in Bkk on arrival as it is the opposite direction to Pattaya so I used to go straight there no matter what time I%26#39;d arrived; and you have to pay for the hotel in Bkk which will be about the same as the taxi.



Don%26#39;t forget the 150 to 200 baht for your connection to the hotel and the extra time it takes



As for seeing the countryside - you%26#39;ll find they take the same route - difference being you can tell a taxi driver when to stop.





The new orange airport bus goes to Jomtien I believe...perhaps someone has the low-down on that too.




Rabbit can send a car to pick you up from Bangkok (not the Pattaya Bus Station). If you want to spend one night in Bangkok then suggest you take as early a bus as possible from EKAMAI bus station - like you I am a great fan of traveling by bus to see the countryside - however, if you go by taxi/limo you could stop anywhere you like to buy fruit or drinks or whatever. How are you going to go to Bangkok from the airport?




Hi energyone,



This is my plan so far.



Arrive 8pm Bangkok airport, metered taxi to hotel (Hope land Serviced Appartments) only a couple of stops on the skyrail to Ekamai station according to the map.



Get up early and catch first bus possible to Pattaya.



Taxi to Rabbit Resort.



I calculated my taxi to hotel, hotel in BKK, bus to Pattaya and taxi to RR worked out much cheaper than taxi to Pattaya and extra night accom at Rabbit Resort



plus I didn%26#39;t really want to be arriving at the resort about 11.30 pm or even later after travelling 10 hours on a plane.



Does that make sense?



I like to do things the hard way !



Wendy




Arrive 8pm Bangkok airport, metered taxi to hotel (Hope land Serviced Appartments) only a couple of stops on the skyrail to Ekamai station according to the map.



Get up early and catch first bus possible to Pattaya.



Taxi to Rabbit Resort.



I calculated my taxi to hotel, hotel in BKK, bus to Pattaya and taxi to RR worked out much cheaper than taxi to Pattaya and extra night accom at Rabbit Resort



plus I didn%26#39;t really want to be arriving at the resort about 11.30 pm or even later after travelling 10 hours on a plane.



Does that make sense?



I like to do things the hard way !



Wendy







*











I always head into town from the airport, maybe it is an old habit from when I used to land at Don Muang. I stay in the same cheap hotel and check out the same places I have for many years. I like it this way and I understand that some travelers want to shell out some big baht for a direct ride to Pattaya. Your call!





When I am in Bangkok for that night I also make my reservations for my last night in Bangkok before my return home. The first night I can only sleep a few hours anyway. I have a good breakfast in the morning at an ';all you can eat place (Fortuna Hotel 119 baht.) Check my email and leisurely head on down to the Ekamai bus station by Skytrain - under 120 baht for the ride to Pattaya!





If I arrived earlier in the daytime (before 5 PM) I might be persuaded to take one of the cheap buses that leaves from the new bus terminal direct to Pattaya or use Bell Travel. Only problem with those bus rides from the airport is that there is not enough of them at this time and that they are far apart!






So I%26#39;m not that silly after all.



Good to hear it.



I know my budget and if I can save a few BHT by not spending where I don%26#39;t need to then I will. Not hard. Thanks infidelal for your opinion



Wendy


  • makeup websites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment