Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hotel With Internet Access in Room - On a Budget!

Hi,



Can anyone tell me if they have stayed (or know of) a hotel in Bangkok that you can bring your own laptop and access internet from own room? I%26#39;m travelling on a thin budget, can%26#39;t afford a flash room! I%26#39;m travelling alone, so want to be able to chat to my family from my room at all times to let them know Im ok.



Many thanks in advance :)



Hotel With Internet Access in Room - On a Budget!


Hi,





I haven%26#39;t traveled yet myself, but I have found that these two websites have helped me a lot!!!



http://map.sawadee.com/



This one is cool!!



Select what area map you want, let it load and then search for your area. It shows a lot of hotels within that region. If you then select the hotel on the goto bit down the botton, it will show you a small picture. Under the picture is says Show rates and details, click on that and it will take you to the sawadee website with rates, info and reviews.





The other one is



www.travelfish.org



This will give you info on hotels, b%26amp;bs, flashpackers and backpackers.





When are you going?





Lorree



Hotel With Internet Access in Room - On a Budget!


Thanks heaps for that! Those sites are very helpful. I%26#39;m going next week. I%26#39;m very excited! HAve you been to Bangkok?



I%26#39;m now looking for a good spot to stay down near Phi Phi. I feel I have to experience that while I%26#39;m there :) Any tips on flights or accommodation?



Thanks for your reply!




Hi again....



Glad you found them useful!!



I%26#39;m basically looking for the same, a cheap place with wifi...preferably in the room, but they are looking scares.





I%26#39;m going to Phi Phi but only on a day trip. Am going to Koh Lanta prior to Phuket so will do Phi Phi on my way over on the boat. I can%26#39;t find anywhere half decent within my budget so thats why I%26#39;m not staying over night! While at Phuket I%26#39;m staying in Karon and Patong and will do other day trips from there.





How exciting next week huh!! I wish I was going next week, get away from this cold!!



I%26#39;m not going until Nov - 96 days to go!!





As for flights. I%26#39;m mainly using Tiger airways (www.tigerairways.com) where I can.



Also look at Nokair (www.nokair.com)



Air asia (www.airasia.com)



One to go (http://www.fly12go.com/en/main.shtml)





Also depending on where you are going, such as other major airports have a look at this...good for a budget lol



http://www.sleepinginairports.net/





Are you going to Chiang Mai?




Hey!



Ni, I won%26#39;t get to Chaing Mai unfortunatley. I%26#39;m there for a week and I would love to see the islands! I have to be in Bangkok for 6 nights so I hope to squueze the islands in for the last night (2 days).



I%26#39;m very excited, but nervous too!




I bet you are!!



I%26#39;m 96 days away and I%26#39;m getting nervous!!!



I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll be fine, I%26#39;m traveling on my own too and if I can do it...anyone can lol





Let me know when you get back if you made it to the islands and how you went :)





Have fun



Lorree




Thanks Lorree! It%26#39;s inspiring to hear another female doing it alone. Some people thought I was nuts, but I thought %26#39; why the hell not%26#39;!



I will be sure to let you know how I go



Kristii




Hi Shakeysarah,





I think there are lots of us single woman travelling now...........and why not I say ! I%26#39;m staying at Baiyoke Suite in Bangkok, it is quite cheap and has internet access.





I am heading off in 44 days time.............am going to Asia and Europe, and am sooooooooo excited!!





Hi Loree, how are your plans going ??





Di :-)




I%26#39;m with you Di. More and more women are biting the bullet and going for it!! Whahoo!!



Plans are ummmm in the air at the moment...I just can%26#39;t decide where to stay lol



I%26#39;ve only got chiang mai booked and thats it! lol





I reckon all us girls that are going on our own this time, should stay in contact and do a quick trip back to LOS together :) Can you imagine the party hehe :)




That could be a great plan Loree !!

No comments:

Post a Comment